Extract from the Affidavit signed by Mr. Ranjit Das Gupta s/o Preotos Das Gupta in the court of Subdivisional Officer, Potia, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
I, Ranjit Das Gupta, son of Preotos Das Gupta, village Banigram P.S. Banskhali, district Chittagong, age about 18 years old, by caste Hindu, do hereby solemnly declare as follows.
1. That in the year 1975, I was a student of class 5.
2. That while I was at school, I attended several religious functions and read several religious books on Islam.
3. That considering all facts, being charmed with the beauty of Islam, I embrace Islam and accept Kalma, in the name of Allah and the Prophet, Hazrat Mohammed (s).
4. That I am reading Haftom at Madrassah according to my sweet will and at present my name is Abdullah.
5. That nobody pushed or threatened me to embrace Islam and the contents of the Affidavit is explained to me.
What have been stated above in this affidavit are true to my knowledge and belief and I have signed in this affidavit today, 5th January 1983, at about 10 a.m. in the court building premises, Potia, Chittagong.
Signature of the Deponent
Magistrate First Class, Potia, Chittagong. Dated 5.1.83
After conversion to Islam, Mr. Abdullah
(1999) studied for a number of years, about the Quran and Hadith and other
aspects of Islam. He visited us in late 1999. He currently teaches Islamic
Education at a religious school cum hospital cum orphanage in Bandarbon,
Chittagong, Bangladesh. His sister and a male cousin also converted to
Islam after his conversion. Click here to read his cousin's
Affidavit of Mr. Suresh Chandra Das s/o late Upendra Chandra Das, presently Mohammed Ibrahim Khan, in the court of Deputy Commissioner, Chittagong.
I, previously, Suresh Chandra Das s/o late Upendra Chandra Das, presently Mohammed Ibrahim Khan, of village Bandar P.S. Anwara, district Chittagong, age about 22 years, by religion previously Hindu, presently Muslim, by profession madrassah student, do hereby state on solemn affirmation as follows:
1. That I have been deeply moved and charmed with the ideals and principles of Islam out of my own accord and will without any coercion from any quarter whatsoever embrace the sacred religion of Islam and adopted the new Muslim name, Mohammed Ibrahim Khan, and since then have been living Islamic way of life and now undergoing my studies as a student of Madrassah Muzharul Ulum, Char Chaktai, Chittagong in Jamaate Chaharam since my conversion and I have been known as Mohammed Ibrahim Khan.
What has been stated above, facts, are true to my knowledge and belief and I sign this verification today, the 10th day of August 1983 at 10.30 a.m. in the court building premises, Chittagong.
Mohammed Ibrahim Khan (Deponent)
Magistrate First Class, Chittagong
Honourable first class magistrate/Notary Public, Chittagong.
I, Mohammed Aminul Islam, previously, Doyal Hori Das, father, Nironjon Das village Pahar Toli, Alinogor P.S. Shatkaniya, district Chittagong, age 19 years, profession businessman, religion Muslim, nationality Bangladeshi, solemnly declare as follows:
1. I am a matured and intelligent person of sound mind and I am able to differentiate between good and bad. I also know what is good for my future.
2. I have been attracted to Islam and its various rules and traditions, for quite some time. I have decided to rely on Allah and Hazrat Mustafa (s) and decided to convert to Islam. For this reason, I have in the presence of several witnesses and a religious expert, read out the Shahadah. From today, my name is Mohammed Aminul Islam.
In this document I have signed after knowing the facts written in it. I certify that the facts are true. Dated 2nd February 1999, 11 a.m. in the court building.
Mohammed Aminul Islam (Deponent)
Mr. Jaynal Abedin
Notary Public, Chittagong, Bangladesh.