Proverbs 31: 6-7 "" Give intoxicating liquor, you people, to the one about to perish, and wine to those who are bitter of soul . Let one drink and forget one's poverty, and let one remember one's own trouble no more.""
Genesis 9:21-22 "" And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.""
Genesis 9:24 "" And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.""
Genesis 19:32 "" Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.""
Numbers 6:20 "" And the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD: this is holy for the priest, with the wave breast and heave shoulder: and after that the Nazarite may drink wine.""
Numbers 28:7 "" And the drink offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an hin for the one lamb: in the holy place shalt thou cause the strong wine to be poured unto the LORD for a drink offering.""
The Holy Quran, 5:90-91 "You who believe! Intoxicants and Gambling, all are an abomination of Satan's handiwork. Eschew such abomination, that you may prosper. Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of God, and from prayer; will you not then abstain?"
The Holy Quran, 2.219 They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah Make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider.
Contemporary pathologists and physicians have lately come to an absolute conclusion about intoxicants, and decided to warn people by pointing out the following facts:
1) When many people enjoy the feeling when they have a drink, that feeling is a Drug Effect.
2) It is a nervous system depressant, much like an anesthetic, which, in sufficient quantity, can result in loss of consciousness.
3) It causes shrinking of the brain, and early senility.
4) It has a toxic effect on the peripheral nerves, the skeletal muscles, and the heart muscles.
5) It effects the digestive system, and the sexual system: it decreases active testosterone in men and inhibits the formations of testosterone.
6) It disturbs a person's quality of sleep, which is one reason a person may feel bad the next day after the night before.
7) It causes high blood pressure. Even regular use of modest amounts of alcohol, significantly increases the risk of having a hemorrhage in the brain causing a stroke. Heavy drinkers are 5 times as likely to have a hemorrhage stroke as non-drinkers.
Now, taking this admonition of the pathologists and physicians into consideration, which of the doctrines quoted above do you think is the authentic word of God in this respect? Use your common sense and judge for yourself.
We, Muslims, are ordered by Allah (swt), in the Koran, to believe in the former Divine Messages which are intact, i.e. void of interpolation and distortion. Do you believe that pathologists and physicians know better than our Creator, the Omniscient about the bad effects of intoxicants on the human body systems which are the "make" of God?
We, Muslims, deny and absolutely reject such non-sense to be believed as revelation of God in the Holy scriptures! It is man, not God, who added that "Praise" of the intoxicants to the Holy Scriptures for human selfish purposes, just as we see and read in our present time the commercial promotions which try hard to convince the people about the wholesomeness and great advantage the intoxicants give to the body and mind of man!
Adding for the benefit, the number one leading cause of death in America is DWI, Driving While Intoxicated. In fact, Alcoholism is responsible for more than 50% of crimes reported in the United States alone.